[CoovaChilli] youtube.com and coova.org always whitelisted issue

Sevan Janiyan venture37 at geeklan.co.uk
Sat Dec 17 22:51:06 GMT 2016

On 17/12/2016 22:38, Kumar Mrinal wrote:
> Only justification we could reach is that maybe coova.org is whitelisted by
> default and as coova is part of google now and it somehow shares the IP
> address with other services and that's why users have access to YouTube.

That is correct, but the issue was addressed long ago.

https://github.com/coova/coova-chilli/commit/f157c826e6b1fd85d796cfda7528de2f012c8d8c#diff-d4dad7f7736e61652700b07b8680fec6

> Does this make sense ? If yes then how can we disable access to coova.org

Which version of coova are you running??

running chilli --version will tell you.

You can remove coova.org from uamallowed in your conf file or
HS_UAMALLOW in your defaults file & that should address the issue. Or
update to the latest release where this isn't an issue.

Sevan