[CoovaChilli] Problems with Chilli and non-WDS bridge

Lorenzo Milesi maxxer at ufficyo.com
Wed Jun 1 17:41:50 BST 2016

Hi.

I've a wireless bridge configured between two Ubiquiti antennas which is configured in non-WDS mode. When configured this way the bridge works like an AP, and the MAC of the wireless client gets overwritten (see here[1]). So when the DHCP request reaches Chilli it always have the same mac address, and as result the clients cannot access internet.
But if instead of Chilli I connect the bridge directly to whatever router with a normal DHCP server clients connect fine and receive the correct IP address.

I'm not an expert of L2/L3 but I guess it has something to do with it.
Is Chilli configurable for such situations?

thanks

[1] https://community.ubnt.com/t5/Installation-Troubleshooting/What-do-WDS-Transparent-Bridge-Mode-on-both-end-AP-and-Station/m-p/618907#M55422
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/