[CoovaChilli] Offline DNS redirection

Anish Mangal anishmg at umich.edu
Thu Oct 13 16:44:29 BST 2016

Hi,

I am trying to setup a captive portal to redirect users to a locally hosted
homepage on a server which is not connected to the internet. The server has
a local nameserver to resolve dns queries.

When I setup coova on it and the server is connected to the internet,
redirection from common internet sites (eg: google.com) to the captive
portal page seems to work.

However, when there is no internet, redirection doesnt work.

Is there something in the coova config that I could do to ensure that users
get redirected to the coova splash page when there is no internet
connection?

Thanks!
Anish