[CoovaChilli] Offline DNS redirection

Anish Mangal anishmg at umich.edu
Thu Oct 20 11:17:36 BST 2016

I resolved this by creating a DNS blackhole as explained here:
https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Creating_a_DNS_Black_Hole_for_Captive_Portal_Clients#Create_the_configuration_file

I set the IP address to 8.8.8.8, so anything which is not resolved by the
other bind declarations (basically anything on the WAN) gets resolved to
8.8.8.8 and that is good enough for the captive portal to trigger :-)

--
Anish