[CoovaChilli] Captive Portal Assistant IOS 10.0.2

Jeff Ausfeld jeff at polyinnovations.com
Sat Oct 29 13:44:58 BST 2016

So Chilli now starts from services on Ubuntu Server 14.04.  Two proposed
changes on /etc/init.d/chilli

1)
#. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
. /lib/lsb/init-functions

2)
#daemon $exec -c $CONFIG
start_daemon $exec -c $CONFIG

main.conf
hs.conf

both update, but local.conf remains empty.  I"m not exactly sure what that
conf is supposed to do.

It will also ask for /var/lock/subsys/chilli/ to exist.  Which it doesn't,
so I have had to create that manually but it does not stick on reboot.

It also does not take any information from /etc/chilli/config (as stated in
the defaults header) only from /etc/chilli/defaults or /etc/chilli.conf

ios captive portal still does not pop up, which I hate anyway so I would
rather not do that.  But the larger problem is after authentication it does
not allow an internet connection.  I cleared out iptables but it also seems
like it is recreating rules with every single restart, instead of leaving
the ones it has alone, or redoing them.

Regards with thanks,
Jeff.