[CoovaChilli] HTTP AAA replacing RADIUS question

Timothy White timwhite88 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 21:51:05 BST 2016

>From my reading of the docs, it appears that replacing RADIUS with HTTP AAA
might be very useful and improve the flexibility of my systems. However, I
believe we'd lose the ability to send CoA packets, as HTTP AAA is very one
way.
Are there plans for anything to replace the CoA packets?

One idea I had was that we could use accounting packets to send back
updated params, the lack of updated params would indicate no CoA, but if we
sent back updated params we'd have to include all session params so a CoA
could occur.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Tim