[CoovaChilli] Max Bandwidth

Sevan Janiyan venture37 at geeklan.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 11:24:13 BST 2017

On 05/04/2017 22:28, Peter wrote:
> Can someone please explain the difference between
> CoovaChilli-Bandwidth-Max-Down
> and
> WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Down
>
> I know WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Down throttles the individual devices to the set
> bps but I can't find anything on CoovaChilli-Bandwidth-Max-Down other than
> "Maximum bandwidth down".
> TIA

Looking at
https://github.com/coova/coova-chilli/blob/65962510bfc7fa618e574e4141200645491475e6/src/main-proxy.c#L261:L320

Indeed, they appear to be the same, the main difference is that when you
invoke chilli with defbandwidthmaxdown, you're setting the
WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Down value.
Looking into the history, the WISPr attribute is the standard attribute
to use whereas CoovaChilli-Bandwidth-Max-Down is the legacy (and non
compliant means? to set the value).

Non compiant with regards to the WISPr spec.

David can you confirm that's the case and I'll update the documentation
to note the legacy attributes.

Sevan