[CoovaChilli] chilli shuts down on ifup wan

Andrew J Huang ajh.idaho at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 06:22:17 GMT 2017

Hello Sevan,
Thank  you for the quick attention!

My apologies, I should know better than asking questions without providing
the basic information.

(Let me note that I have not gotten this installation working yet.  I'm sure
there are multiple errors, but I'm focusing on stability for now.)

>From my opkg,
	root at OpenWrt:/# opkg list-installed | grep chilli
	coova-chilli - 1.3.0+20141128-4
which I presume means v 1.3 and which is confirmed with -V:
	root at OpenWrt:/# chilli -V
	coova-chilli 1.3.1-svn

And, not knowing a better method for a maillist, I'm just going to dump ifup
and /etc/config/chilli rather than attempting an attachment

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ifup -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

#!/bin/sh

ifup_all=
setup_wifi=

if_call() {
	local interface="$1"
	for mode in $modes; do
		ubus call network.interface $mode "{ \"interface\" :
\"$interface\" }"
	done
}

case "$0" in
	*ifdown) modes=down;;
	*ifup)
		modes="down up"
		setup_wifi=1
	;;
	*) echo "Invalid command: $0";;
esac

while :; do
	case "$1" in
		-a)
			ifup_all=1
			shift
		;;
		-w)
			setup_wifi=
			shift
		;;
		*)
			break
		;;
	esac
done

[ "$modes" = "down up" ] && ubus call network reload
if [ -n "$ifup_all" ]; then
	for interface in `ubus -S list 'network.interface.*'`; do
		if_call "${interface##network.interface.}"
	done
	[ -n "$setup_wifi" ] && /sbin/wifi up
	exit
else
	ubus -S list "network.interface.$1" > /dev/null || {
		echo "Interface $1 not found"
		exit
	}
	if_call "$1"
fi

if [ -n "$setup_wifi" ] && grep -sq config /etc/config/wireless; then
	. /lib/functions.sh

	find_related_radios() {
		local wdev wnet
		config_get wdev "$1" device
		config_get wnet "$1" network

		if [ -n "$wdev" ]; then
			for wnet in $wnet; do
				if [ "$wnet" = "$network" ]; then
					append radio_devs "$wdev" "$N"
				fi
			done
		fi
	}

	network="$1"
	config_load wireless
	config_foreach find_related_radios wifi-iface

	for dev in $(echo "$radio_devs" | sort -u); do
		/sbin/wifi up "$dev"
	done
fi
-*-*-*-*-*-*-* end of ifup -*-*-*-*-*-*-

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* /etc/config/chilli -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
#
# Sample Coova-Chilli configuration file
#

config chilli
    # disable to running chilli. remove this option before running.
    #option disabled 1

    # name of TUN device name. required.
    option tundev 'tun0'

    # name of network interface
    #option network ''
#    option network 'eth1'

    # Include this flag if process is to run in the foreground
    #option fg

    # Include this flag to include debug information.
    #option debug 9

    # Re-read configuration file at this interval. Will also cause new
domain
    # name lookups to be performed. Value is given in seconds.
    #option interval 3600

    # File to store information about the process id of the program.
    # The program must have write access to this file/directory.
    #option pidfile /var/run/chilli.pid

    # Directory to use for nonvolatile storage.
    # The program must have write access to this directory.
    # this option is currently ignored
    #option statedir ./

    # TUN parameters

    # IP network address of external packet data network
    # Used to allocate dynamic IP addresses and set up routing.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option net 192.168.182.0/24

    # Dynamic IP address pool
    # Used to allocate dynamic IP addresses to clients.
    # If not set it defaults to the net tag.
    # Do not uncomment this option unless you are an experienced user!
    #option dynip 192.168.182.0/24

    # Static IP address pool
    # Used to allocate static IP addresses to clients.
    # Do not uncomment this option unless you are an experienced user!
    #option statip 192.168.182.0/24

    # Primary DNS server.
    # Will be suggested to the client.
    # If omitted the system default will be used.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    option dns1 192.168.0.1

    # Secondary DNS server.
    # Will be suggested to the client.
    # If omitted the system default will be used.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    option dns2 205.171.3.65

    # Domain name
    # Will be suggested to the client.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option domain key.chillispot.org

    # Script executed after network interface has been brought up.
    # Executed with the following parameters: <devicename> <ip address>
    # <mask>
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option ipup /etc/chilli.ipup

    # Script executed after network interface has been taken down.
    # Executed with the following parameters: <devicename> <ip address>
    # <mask>
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option ipdown /etc/chilli.ipdown

    # Radius parameters

    # IP address to listen to
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option radiuslisten 127.0.0.1

    # IP address of radius server 1
    # For most installations you need to modify this option.
    option radiusserver1 192.168.182.200

    # IP address of radius server 2
    # If you have only one radius server you should set radiusserver2 to the
    # same value as radiusserver1.
    # For most installations you need to modify this option.
    option radiusserver2 192.168.182.200

    # Radius authentication port
    # The UDP port number to use for radius authentication requests.
    # The same port number is used for both radiusserver1 and radiusserver2.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option radiusauthport 1812

    # Radius accounting port
    # The UDP port number to use for radius accounting requests.
    # The same port number is used for both radiusserver1 and radiusserver2.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option radiusacctport 1813

    # Radius shared secret for both servers
    # For all installations you should modify this option.
    option radiussecret testing123

    # Radius NAS-Identifier
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option radiusnasid nas01

    # WISPr Location ID. Should be in the format: isocc=<ISO_Country_Code>,
    # cc=<E.164_Country_Code>,ac=<E.164_Area_Code>,network=<ssid/ZONE>
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option radiuslocationid
isocc=us,cc=1,ac=408,network=ACMEWISP_NewarkAirport

    # WISPr Location Name. Should be in the format:
    # <HOTSPOT_OPERATOR_NAME>,<LOCATION>
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option radiuslocationname ACMEWISP,Gate_14_Terminal_C_of_Newark_Airport

    # Radius proxy parameters

    # IP address to listen to
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option proxylisten 10.0.0.1

    # UDP port to listen to.
    # If not specified a port will be selected by the system
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option proxyport 1645

    # Client(s) from which we accept radius requests
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option proxyclient 10.0.0.1/24

    # Radius proxy shared secret for all clients
    # If not specified defaults to radiussecret
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option proxysecret testing123

    # DHCP Parameters

    # Ethernet interface to listen to.
    # This is the network interface which is connected to the access points.
    # In a typical configuration this option should be set to eth1.
    option dhcpif eth0

    # Use specified MAC address.
    # An address in the range  00:00:5E:00:02:00 - 00:00:5E:FF:FF:FF falls
    # within the IANA range of addresses and is not allocated for other
    # purposes.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option dhcpmac 00:00:5E:00:02:00

    # Time before DHCP lease expires
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option lease 600

    # Universal access method (UAM) parameters

    # URL of web server handling authentication.
#    option uamserver https://radius.chillispot.org/hotspotlogin
    option uamserver http://192.168.182.200/coova_json/hs_land.php

    # URL of welcome homepage.
    # Unauthenticated users will be redirected to this URL. If not specified
    # users will be redirected to the uamserver instead.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option uamhomepage http://192.168.182.1/welcome.html

    # Shared between chilli and authentication web server
    #option uamsecret ht2eb8ej6s4et3rg1ulp

    # IP address to listen to for authentication requests
    # Do not uncomment this option unless you are an experienced user!
    #option uamlisten 192.168.182.1
    #option uamlisten 192.168.182.1

    # TCP port to listen to for authentication requests
    # Do not uncomment this option unless you are an experienced user!
    #option uamport 3990

    # Comma separated list of domain names, IP addresses or network segments
    # the client can access without first authenticating.
    # It is possible to specify this option multiple times.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option uamallowed www.chillispot.org,10.11.12.0/24

    # Comma separated list of domain names
    # the client can access without first authenticating.
    # It is possible to specify this option multiple times.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option uamdomain .chillispot.org,.coova.org

    # If this flag is given unauthenticated users are allowed to use
    # any DNS server.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option uamanydns

    # MAC authentication

    # If this flag is given users will be authenticated only on their MAC
    # address.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option macauth

    # List of MAC addresses.
    # The MAC addresses specified in this list will be authenticated only on
    # their MAC address.
    # this option is ignored if the macauth tag is given.
    # It is possible to specify this option multiple times.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option macallowed 00-0A-5E-AC-BE-51,00-30-1B-3C-32-E9

    # Password to use for MAC authentication.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option macpasswd password

    # Suffix to add to MAC address in order to form the username.
    # Normally you do not need to uncomment this option.
    #option macsuffix suffix
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* END OF /etc/config/chilli -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*