[CoovaChilli] devices disassociated

sebastian villalba villalba.sebastian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 18:01:31 GMT 2017

Thank you for your help.

I believe hostapd is not the problem because whenever I'm not using coova
the connection won't drop.

I'll look into any kind of keep alive that I must be missing.

Regards.
Svf

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 1:27 AM Brian Andrews <brian at andrews.org.nz> wrote:

That’s fairly normal behaviour from hostapd (and not related to chilli).
Sounds like the other network keeps your connection alive in some way -
i.e. keeps the phone in powersave mode (you could do an 802.11 wireshark
and look at powersave packets). Perhaps it’s some multicast/broadcast
(mdns?) packets that chilli isn’t forwarding (i.e. they are dropped in
iptables)?  Just a thought...

-
brian