[CoovaChilli] Understanding RADIUS proxy configuration

Karen Sittig kasittig at gmail.com
Tue May 23 22:50:36 BST 2017

Hi all,

I'm attempting to configure CoovaChilli to display a captive portal on my
network using 802.1x authentication. I have successfully gotten the RADIUS
server to return properly-formed requeststhat contain ChilliSpot-Config =
"require-uam-auth" when appropriate, but even when this parameter isn't
included in the RADIUS response, I see the captive portal.

Based on my understanding of CoovaChilli, this means that I haven't
configured my RADIUS proxy correctly (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm not sure what the values of proxylisten, proxyport, and proxyclient
should be. I've tried proxylisten and proxyclient to all combinations of my
interface IP and the IP of my RADIUS server, but I always end up in the
captive portal.

802.1x authentication is working flawlessly when CoovaChilli isn't running.
I'm running LEDE 17.0.1 on my AP, CoovaChilli 1.3.1-svn, and Freeradius 3.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
-Karen