[CoovaChilli] Coova-chilli: could not generate configuration error

Meraj Ahmed merajahmed1996 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 19:24:17 BST 2019

Installed coova-chilli 1.3.1-svn on Ubiquiti Unifi AC-Lite
AP running OpenWrt 18.06.2.
When trying to launch chilli with the command:

chilli --debug --fg

 I am always getting the following error:

coova-chilli[27966]: options.c: 181: could not generate configuration (
/var/run/chilli.27966.cfg.bin), sleeping one second

I have been stuck in this bug for so long. I tried doing changes in the
configuration file, installing and reinstalling the coova-chilli package
with no avail.
Any help would be really really appreciated