[CoovaChilli] Use of a HTTP AAA proxy and/or chilli_proxy

Pi HomeServer pihomeserver at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:10:41 GMT 2019

Hello

I would like to use my own AAA service. Then i created a config file in /etc/chilli with following options :

HS_LANIF=ens37
HS_WANIF=ens33
HS_NETWORK=172.16.1.0
HS_NETMASK=255.255.255.0
HS_UAMLISTEN=172.16.1.129
HS_NASID="KUPIKI"
HS_RADIUS=localhost
HS_RADIUS2=localhost
HS_RADSECRET=blJt5vyBxgkPVTw93XrCk0fvEoUzlf4z
HS_UAMSECRET=
HS_UAMALLOW=172.16.1.0/24
HS_UAMFORMAT=http:\/\/172.16.1.129:80
HS_UAMHOMEPAGE=
HS_MODE=hotspot
HS_TYPE=chillispot
HS_LOC_NAME=kupikihotspot
HS_LAN_ACCESS=off
HS_SSID=kupikihotspot
HS_TCP_PORTS=80
HS_COAPORT=3799
HS_MACAUTH=off
HS_MACPASSWD=
HS_UAMDOMAINS=
It works with FR behind
Then i added the next two lines at the beginning of the config file :

HS_AAA=http
HS_UAMAAAURL=http://127.0.0.1:3000/
I created a very basic node server running on port 3000 :

import http from 'http';
import express from 'express';

let app = express();
app.server = http.createServer(app);

app.all("*", function (req, res) {
    console.log('New request')
    res.send({Auth: 1})
})

app.get('/', function (req, res) {
    console.log('Hello world - GET')
    res.send({Auth: 1})
})

app.post('/', function (req, res) {
    console.log('Hello world - POST')
    res.send({Auth: 1})
})

app.server.listen(process.env.PORT || 3000, () => {
    console.log(`Started on port ${app.server.address().port}`);
});

export default app;
And after a restart of coova, no request is sent to the proxy as expected (a local curl on the node server works)

Also i tried to run chilli_proxy --register user "toto" pass "toto" but the command never ends

Any idea how to make it works ?
(i use the documentation here : https://web.archive.org/web/20150806175644/http://coova.org:80/CoovaChilli/Proxy <https://web.archive.org/web/20150806175644/http://coova.org:80/CoovaChilli/Proxy>)